Accredited members are qualified graduates of recognized institutions, or qualified by virtue of their many years of professional practice and displayed evidence of meeting the portfolio requirements for membership.
Accredited members have the right to vote and hold elective or appointive office in the Association.
- CEU accreditation
- Access DDA Canada’s job board
- Access the exclusive DDA affiliate decorator
- Business listing in DDA Canada’s Find A Decorator directory
- Eligible participation in DDA Canada’s annual Decorating & Design Competition
- DDA Canada badge for display on your website
- DDA Canada monthly e-newsletter
- Access member-only articles & publications on ddacanada.com
- Simplified registration with many industry vendors
- Mentor Program
- Exclusive showroom & design events
- Networking events
- CEU-eligible lectures & training
Access & Discounts
- Discount to all DDA Canada events
- Access group liability insurance (save up to 20% on insurance)
- 10% discount at Hakim Optical
- Design magazine discounts
- Receive exclusive affiliate offers
- Front of the line event registration*
- Access member-only Facebook groups
- Association voting rights
- Eligible to take on DDA Canada leadership roles
- Inclusion in DDA Canada member directory
- Completion of a certificate or diploma program from a recognized educational institution. Please include a copy of your certificate or diploma.
- Completion of some courses in the area of decorating or design and a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the industry. Submission of a minimum 3-page presentation with at least 3 projects profiled (preferably digital) + two letters of reference from clients are required for review by DDA.
- A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the design/decorating field, with the submission of a minimum 3-page presentation with at least 3 projects profiled (preferably digital) + two letters of reference from clients for review by DDA.
To Prepare Your Portfolio
*Please note: This portfolio is necessary only if you are pursuing options B and C above. Option A simply requires a copy of your certificate from one of our recognized institutions.
Pictures of each project, including “before” shots if available
- A description of the project’s scope and budget
- An outline of the client’s requirements and how you were able to meet them
- An outline of suppliers and products used
- Digital portfolios should be submitted to email@example.com or as a direct reply to your DDA purchase receipt.
- We regret that submitted materials cannot be returned. Please do not send original portfolios or certificates.
- Portfolios will not be reviewed until full membership payment is received.
- If your application is rejected, your entire membership purchase, minus the processing fee and related taxes will be refunded to you.
- Once approved, memberships dues and processing fees are non-refundable.